Are you conscientious about your impact on the environment? Do you find yourself taking measures to protect the environment? Do you take ownership of your unique contributions to changes associated with the climate? Do you have a desire to make the world a better place? Are you working now to create a safe environment for future generations?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it is time to go “green”, in terms of banking.
This is the environmentally-friendly option for those that care for our world and those that reside in it. Continue reading to learn more.
What is Green Banking?
Green banking is defined as any type of banking activity that is designed to contribute to the overall betterment of the earth and general environment. Additionally, green banking services help in creating a substantial level of economic development and promote practices that are considered to be ideal for the environment.
Any practice and guideline that help to increase the sustainability of banks on an economic, social, and environmental level is considered to be “green”.
Banks that offer green banking solutions – such as us here at Somerville Bank – offer bank processes, IT processes, and traditional brick and mortar processes that are both effective and efficient, which results in no detrimental impact on the environment.
Examples of Green Banking Services
There are several banking services that are considered “green”. These include the following:
- Electronic Banking – Any transactions that are done over the internet, over the phone, or by using a debit card or credit card are considered to be “green”.
- Electronic Bill Payments – Any transaction that is done online, or by using an account-issued card to pay a bill is “green”.
- Withdrawals and Deposits That Are Automatic – Having money placed automatically in your account or taken directly out of your account on a recurring basis have a positive impact on the environment because it does not require the use of paper checks.
- Paperless Statements – Most elect to have paper statements mailed to them from their bank. If you go “paperless” the statements are made available online and emailed to you. This helps to drastically reduce your carbon footprint as the paper from traditional statements do not make their way into landfills.
- Financing for The Environment – There are many banking institutions that offer special financing for individuals that are electing to make environmentally-friendly home improvements, purchase products that are good for the environment, and other purchases that are similar in nature.
We here at Somerville Bank believe in the importance of protecting and saving the environment. We offer a multitude of green banking solutions for our customers. You can start having a positive impact on the environment today by utilizing our online banking services, opting for paperless statements, and even setting up automatic deposits into your checking and/or savings account, or setting up automatic bill pay. To learn more about the environmentally-friendling banking solutions we offer, visit or call one of our convenient banking locations today: https://somervillebank.net/locations/